The college library was started in the year 2009, and also functioning in administrative block with a carpet area of 4000 sq.mt. The library of Vidya Vihar Institute of technology has set a vision to satisfy the reader community needs. Our spacious library, the seat of knowledge, entertains and evokes enthusiasm among the students with interesting collection of books a variety of journals are also within reach to assimilate and enhance awareness. Books are classified and arranged according to the universal decimal classification scheme. The value of books, periodicals and materials in the library is around Rs.2106090.
The library services are automated thorough using the standard library software package called ôlibsys. The circulation services are fully computerized and all the documents are bar-coded.
- Total number of volumes : 7687
- Total number of titles : 4764
- Total number of reference books : 201
- Total number of CD ROM : 605
- Total number of periodicals :
- National journals : 24
- International e-journals & e-books : 24
- Magazines : 15
- Daily news paper : 12
- Total number of computers in the library : 21
- Intel server : 1
- Opac terminals :1
- Reprography (in built printer) : 01
- Bar-code scanner : 01
- Bar-code printer : 01
- Circulation services
- Reference services
- Digital resources access
- OPAC (online public access catalogue)
- Books reservation services
- Internet services
- Reprography services
- CD based knowledge service
Bar code-based circulation system
The library uses bar-coded technology for computerized circulation system since 2006. Every document in the library (except reference sources and bound volumes of journals and CD with cassettes) bears a bar-code that is used for its circulation. Similarly, all categories of users have bar-coded identity cards. The library is developed for bar-coding of books and id cards.
Computing infrastructure in the digital library
There are two servers, 21 pcs and computing accessories to cater to the needs of library computerization, 21 pcs are exclusively earmarked for the users to access library OPAC, online database and electronic journals.
9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Area of the reading hall : 200 sq.m.
- Total no. Of seats available : 160
- Daily minimum 60 students used the reading hall.
- Daily minimum 112 books issue to the user (student & staff).
- Daily minimum 95 books return to the user (student & staff).
- Daily 40 books renew in the library.
Network printing and photocopying facility is available in the library premises. Reference books, question papers and journals and back volumes are allowed for photo copying at nominal charges.
The library takes an active part in the orientation programme for the benefit of new students in the beginning of academic year. They are taken around the library to familiarize them with various resources and services available in the library. Any user desiring to know more about library resources and service or to learn how to use a particular resource like opac, e-journals, databases etc. Should contact any library staff member or the information desk
|Mr. Rajeev Kumar||Librarian||M.Sc, M.lib, PGDLAN, ADCA|